ATEK has been involved with numerous Gold and Silver building certifications under leadership in Energy and Environmental Design or LEED. LEED provides a detailed set of standards for environmentally sustainable design, construction and operation of buildings.
LEED design and construction criteria include:
- Ecologically sustainable materials
- High-efficiency operation systems
- Use of natural light
- Heat gain/loss efficiency
- Efficient space utilization
- Recycling/salvage of on-site materials.
- Long-term maintenance cost
- Minimal landscaping maintenance
Examples of ATEK's participation in LEED buildings are:
- Westmount Junior High School
- West Calgary High School
- Red Deer Civic Yards
- Red Deer Regional Hospital
- Red Deer College